Thursday 24 March 2011

The Last Day

"This trip has been incredible. It has really impacted me in so many ways. One example of this was when, on Monday, we went out and bought a bunch of toys for some children. The looks on their faces when we presented each of them with their choice of toy was just awesome. Their little faces lit up with such joy that it warmed my heart, and I know I was not the only one this experience impacted. Another gratifying experience was when we went out to this church in Clint (a small community on the outskirts of El Paso) and repainted it. I could tell the pastor really appreciated our efforts. This trip has also enabled me to get closer with everyone here, and I really appreciate everyone and all they have contributed. I'm sad to be leaving tomorrow, but I know I was blessed to come down here to see and do things I wouldn't be able to back home. All in all, this trip has really lived up to the high expectations I had been forming ever since I heard of this mission trip in grade 7." 
~ Jasmine Meyer





"We have had an amazing time. Today, we had some time to reflect on the events of the week. Some of the highlights brought up were: giving out diapers and playing with kids, hearing phenomenal testimonies, and talking with a group of people in the last year's building (teen challenge). We have had an amazing week.  A lot of us are excited to come home, but still want to stay with the friends we have grown to call family over the week. It is going to be very sad to be in my own room without the buzz of many people conversing 'quietly' as I am attempting to fall asleep. We are all coming home with new reputations (close proximity has done wonders for our trip's ability to know each other as we really are). For example, Raina is now running down the hall away from several different people forming a playfully angry mob. This has been the occurrence pretty well every night. I'll let her (and others-mainly Mrs. Blanchard- tell you the details of this when we get home. Any way, I'm going to spend the last few hours here with the rest of the gang. I miss Canada, and the snow."
 ~ Josie Glasman

As we prepare to depart El Paso, there have been numerous ways in which God has worked in the hearts of our students and supervisors. I think you can all tell. Even by the short testimonies on the blog of the students who wanted to share a bit of their experiences with you. Words cannot express how much we have appreciated all of your prayers and support back home. This missions trip always has a lasting impact on everyone involved. Praise the Lord for his wonderful works!!

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that this trip has been so enriching to many of you. May these experiences strengthen your faith, drawing you closer to HIM and be taking you one step closer in your journey of following God. Safe trip home everyone:) Renee Goodbrand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for all of you and the amazing time you've had this week. We've enjoyed hearing about your days. Tonight we get to see you! Esther Gardner

    ReplyDelete